The Breath of Life Conference
The international Breath of Life Conference 2017 brings together pioneering practitioners and scientists involved in ground breaking research and the application of body-mind therapeutic approaches. It explores key factors that organise how we function, beyond just the physical form, providing a forum and meeting place for exchanging ideas at the cutting edge of holistic health. Each speaker gives an individual presentation and a panel discussion with all the speakers concludes the set.
(Nb: DVDs will be delivered from about the first of June).
1 – ‘Heart-Brain Dynamics And The Impact Of Self-Regulation On Health’
by Dr. Rollin McCraty
2 – ‘Finding The Health’
by Robert Lever
3 – ‘The Biology of Loss: What Happens When Attachments Are Impaired and How To Foster Resilience’
by Dr. Gabor Maté
4 – ‘Small Women, Big Ideas’
by Katherine Ukleja & Cherionna Menzam-Sills
5 – ‘The Fourth Phase Of Water: A Central Role In Health’
by Dr. Gerald Pollack
6 – ‘The Multidimensional Wholeness Of Babies’
by Dr. Wendy Anne McCarty
7 – ‘Synchrony, Attunement And Self-Regulation: The Neurobiology Of Childhood Abuse And Neglect’
by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk
8 – Panel discussion with all the speakers
facilitated by Michael Kern
The Breath of Life Conference was organised by Michael Kern and Jane Shaw
Duration 12 hrs approx.
Mp4 Files or 8 x Universally formatted DVDs (play in USA/Canada as well as Europe).
Bio’s of Speakers:
1) Heart-Brain Dynamics and the Impact of Self-Regulation on Health by Dr. Rollin McCraty – director of research at the HeartMath Institute, fellow of the American Institute of Stress, co-author of Heart Intelligence and author of The Coherent Heart as well as numerous published research papers about the subtle physiology of the heart and emotion.
2) Finding the Health by Robert Lever – osteopath with over 40 years’ experience, former lecturer at the European School of Osteopathy, recipient of Medal of Honour for services to osteopathic education, and author of At The Still Point of the Turning World and Finding The Health.
3) The Biology of Loss: What Happens When Attachments Are Impaired and How To Foster Resilience by Dr. Gabor Maté – renowned speaker, teacher and clinician on addiction, stress and childhood development, and author of In The Realm Of Hungry Ghosts, When The Body Says No and Scattered Minds – The Origins and Healing of Attention Deficit Disorder.
4) Small Women, Big Ideas by Katherine Ukleja & Cherionna Menzam-Sills – Therapists and international educators of Craniosacral Biodynamics, and ‘grandes dames’ in this field. Cherionna also has a background in pre-natal psychology and Continuum Movement, and Katherine originally trained in osteopathy. With more than half a century of joint experience they bring a profundity of understanding to the continual enquiry into the nature of Primary Respiration.
5) The Fourth Phase of Water: A Central Role in Health by Dr. Gerald Pollack – professor at the University of Washington, founder of the Pollack Laboratory, pioneering researcher into the properties of biological water and author of The Fourth Phase of Water, Cells, Gels and the Engines of Life and Muscles, Water and the Cell.
6) The Multidimensional Wholeness of Babies by Dr. Wendy Anne McCarty – former chair of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology programmes at the Santa Barbara Graduate Institute and author of Welcoming Consciousness: Supporting Babies’ Wholeness from the Beginning of Life – An Integrated Model of Early Development and 30+ publications.
7) Synchrony, attunement and self-regulation: the neurobiology of childhood abuse and neglect by Dr. Bessel van der Kolk – clinician, researcher and teacher in the area of post traumatic stress, Medical Director of ‘The Trauma Center’ in Boston, and author of Psychological Trauma, Traumatic Stress: The Effects of Overwhelming Experience on Mind, Body, and Society, and the best-selling book The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Treatment of Trauma.