‘Bundle of Joy’
supporting relationship from the start of life
A pregnancy, birth and early parenthood education pack for parents, parents-to-be, birth professionals and family wanting to learn about holistic approaches in support of loving relationship at the start of life. You can order this as:
A) Stream/download option plus book
B) DVD discs, book and partial stream / download option
C) All programmes as MP4/MP3 on a memory stick that will play on computer and a current TV, plus book.
What is truly supportive of relationship at birth? What is the science, sociology and psychology of why birth matters? This series of 20 insightful recordings and a book offers an excellent resource whether you are having a baby, want to know more or you are a professional looking for support in your work.
From leading pioneers and teachers in the fields of birth physiology, birth psychology and visionary inspiration for healing we offer recordings which honour relationship between mothers, babies, fathers as well as their supporters from the start of life.
When you buy the Whole Being Films ‘Bundle of Joy’ for £95.00-£115.00 (RRP £180.00) you get 21 hours of practical, educational, recordings plus three inspirational CDs/Mp3s and 1 book.
Whats in your Whole Being Films ‘Bundle of Joy’ package?
Information on Birth Physiology from leading doctors and educators.
1) ‘Undisturbed Birth’ by Dr Sarah J Buckley on the physiology of birth. Pioneering doctor, mother and natural birth advocate Dr Buckley leads us in an understanding of how birth physiology is positively affected by the mother feeling private, safe and unobserved. This is a great grounding in birth physiology for lay people and professionals alike. How does the superb design of our female bodies enhance safety, ease and pleasure in labour and birth? Join Sarah as she explores the science and wisdom of the “ecstatic hormones of undisturbed birth” and their crucial role in birth, breastfeeding and bonding. Learn how common interventions such as induction with synthetic oxytocin, epidural pain relief, and caesarean surgery can interfere with these delicate hormonal processes, with potential negative effects for mother and baby. Discover how Mother Nature’s superb design continues during the hour after birth, and how we can optimise these enormous transitions for mother and baby. “Hoorah for Sarah Buckley! Her strong, authoritative voice is sorely needed…” Ina May Gaskin, midwife and author. (150 mins)
Also by Dr Buckley: 2) ‘The Secrets of Happy Babies’ Nature’s Superb Design for the Family How Can We Give Our Children the Best Possible Start in Life? (Duration 90 mins). What steps can we take, even before conception, to lay the foundations for ease and pleasure in parenting? How will Mother Nature’s superb design help us to care for our babies, and simplify issues such as sleeping and feeding? Dr Sarah J Buckley MD, GP and mother of four, shares the science and wisdom of early parenting in this frank, fascinating and practical talk, recorded live in London. Intended to be accessible to parents. (85 mins).
A major International Conference – 3) Healthy Birth Healthy Earth
A powerful and insightful overview from the Healthy Birth, Healthy Earth Conference (Duration 11hrs). Recorded at the Findhorn Foundation in Scotland.
3.1) Robbie Davis-Floyd: The Technocratic, Humanistic, and Holistic Paradigms of Birth and Health Care. Robbie Davis Floyd really ‘rocks’ this presentation. She describes clearly how there are three major global paradigms of birth and health care: the technocratic, humanistic, and holistic models of medicine. The profound differences in belief, practice, and worldview among practitioners of each of these three paradigms are explained, so that birth practitioners can understand the power of these paradigms to influence belief and practice and evaluate their own choices in terms of where they wish to stand on this spectrum. An excellent, accessible and enlightening first presentation. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.2) Robin Lim: Awakening Birth Robin Lim opens her talk with an hilarious and heart-rending enactment of delivery in the presence of midwives and Doulas. She presents with a fierce heart-felt passion how Awakening Birth is a commitment to honour, protect and serve, mothers, babies and families, globally. How we welcome the newest citizens of Earth, the newborn babies, defines us as humans. Are we kind? Are we gentle? Do the mothers and babies receive respectful care, regardless of their worldly ‘worth’? Wisdom in birth means we have the courage to ask these questions. Wonderful. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.3) Binnie A Dansby: Birth Ecology is Earth Ecology
Binnie A Dansby gives a stunning talk on how healing our own birth suffering can help us to heal and support each other and by extension the Earth. Referring to her work with the breath, she describes how the four words ‘Healthy Birth, Healthy Earth’ contain the six words ‘Heal Thy Birth, Heal Thy Earth’. She went on to offer insights into how our ideas of relationship come from the original intimacy in the womb and how that first relationship completed or did not. This impacts us as we move forward into relationship with our surroundings and other people, the environment. Healing is possible and relationship Is. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.4) Michel Odent: From the Neolithic Revolution to the Symbiotic Revolution
Michel Odent refers to how there are, presently, a number of conferences worldwide in different disciplines that are all about how humanity is ‘on a precipice’ in its relationship with the Earth. He gives a brilliant talk on how since Neolithic revolution and the advent of agriculture and animal husbandry as a species we have seen survival as being dependent on our domination of nature. In parallel with this has been our own socialization of childbirth: we have sought to control sexuality and the way women give birth in an effort to be safe. This has reached its apotheosis in the unprecedented medicalization of childbirth and what is a recent, dramatic departure from natural selection in the by passing of the human hormone system in childbirth. Now it is clear our survival depends not on domination of nature but in ‘symbiosis’, cooperation. It was remarkable to have this talk taking place at Findhorn, so long a centre for discovering co-creation with nature. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.5) Elena Tonetti-Vladimirova: Correlation between birth complications and traumatic experiences within family lineage
The impact that family history and woman’s own experiences prior to the due date have on her delivery. What can be done before birth, and, in the best case scenario, even before conceiving to neutralise negative imprinting and assure a deeply satisfying outcome? Elena speaks to the purpose of her work and its deepening clarity in healing negative imprinting for the benefit of the next generation. She demonstrates a ‘monkey face’ and ‘seaweed swaying’ experiential exercises. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.6) Angelina Martinez Miranda: Traditional Midwifery Through the Generations
A powerful and passionate midwife from Mexico, Angelina delivers a wonderful talk. Traditions have a crucial role in indigenous cultures. In this talk Angelina discusses how the traditional midwife plays an important role in the preservation of these traditions and will discuss the actions that traditional midwives have taken in our efforts against child birth becoming institutionalised. Traditional midwifery in Mexico is concerned with the alignment of body, mind and spirit for the benefit of the mother-to be, her family and her community through the use of simple, non-invasive practices such as the use of the rebozo and various ceremonies to honour the woman during pregnancy, birth and post-partum. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.7) Ray Castellino and Charisse Basquin: Preparing Families for Birth and Supporting Birth Resolution
Castellino works with Mary Jackson (who was unable to attend the conference) with families to prepare for birth as well as to heal trauma and resolve traumatic birth experiences. In this profound and unique work, children and babies resolve their birth stories through gesture and movement, allowing the family to deepen their connections in a new configuration. Ray, with Charisse’s support shows video recordings including their work with babies born by caesarean as well as breech. They share foundational therapeutic principles that create conditions allowing healing to take place. A wonderful presentation which illustrates how ‘two layers of support’ for the baby, the mother, the father, the midwife, the Doula are essential for optimum bonding. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.8) Robin Grille: Neuro-social Evolution: How connectedness was lost and how to reclaim it for humanity’s future
In a barnstorming presentation Robin draws on neuropsychology, epigenetics, psycho-history and anthropology to illustrate how and why many of the world’s cultures lost, over centuries, the capacity for healthy connectedness in early life. Now that so much is known about the centrality of connected relationship for healthy human function, there is a social and global imperative to ease back towards a society of healthy connectedness. The implications are bigger than you think. And your job is more important than you realised. A very importantly affirming challenge to those who are holding Healing Birth in the same breath as Healing Earth. (Duration: 85 mins)
3.9) Romiro Romero – an indigenous male midwife’s view from Colombia.
Romiro Romero electrifies the audience with his sharing, music and insights from his life. He is in a family of midwives. His description of what its like to be a midwife, coming from his own personality and identity gave an amazing window into A) what it takes for an indigenous midwifery and birth care to really exist, and B) how male and female principles can truly support and work together. (Duration: 45 mins)
———- Powerful tools for healing our thoughts about birth.
4) Affirmations for pregnancy: three meditations for pregnancy and birth by Binnie A Dansby. Includes: ‘Having A Baby is the Most Natural Thing in the World’, ‘Source Meditation’ and ‘Rhythm of Life’. These three inspirational recordings are used by many thousands of mothers, fathers and birth professionals to support the integration of creative, life affirming thought forms about the birth process. Binnie is a great pioneer of appreciating relationship in the birth process. Also included is a 55 Minute interview with Binnie A Dansby called ‘Birthing the Beloved’ where she explores key questions about what it means to be physical, in a body and present as a human being and one giving birth.
5) ‘Two Layers of Support: Creating the Conditions for Healing’ Sample by Ray Castellino, a leading proponent of work with families to support their bonding and healing in the event of separation and trauma at birth offers his understanding of whats helpful for families. A really helpful recording for understanding what works in relationship with babies. (Duration: 115 mins)
Dr Ray Castellino
6) Fathers to Be Handbook by Patrick Houser. Houser shares his insights into how the role of Fathers has shifted and evolved and can be truly helpful to the birth process. Men becoming fathers today face new challenges as they increase their involvement in the family and participation in the birth of their children. Using real stories and solid research the author provides information, ideas and tools to assist expectant and new dads in navigating this territory. Men are also presented with innovative ways to support their partner and child as the family enters this new phase of life together.
7) Practical tools for pregnancy and labour from a leading Doula.
‘Pleasurable Birth’ by Debra Pascali Bonaro. Sample Video
catch a glimpse of Debra Pascali-Bonaro, Doula Trainer, Childbirth Educator and Orgasmic Birth Director, teaching and speaking about the Language of Pleasurable Birth and birthing-without-fear. This video features Debra speaking about our cultural interpretations of birth verses the evidence-based care healthy MotherBaby model. Included is a demo of the Brazilian Mama Breastfeeding Doll vs U.S. Barbie Doll; the sounds of Pleasurable Birth; discussion about sexuality in childbirth and why we are we more comfortable with pain than pleasure. Other topics include: the mind-body effects of the Language of Birth being used; pleasurable birth environments at home or hospital; the role of the doula and other supporting women. (Duration: 240 mins)
8) The Healing of Birth: A Documentary
Featuring Sobonfu Some, Joseph Chilton Pearce, Barbara Findeisen, Dr Ray Castellino and many more..
“This is an extraordinary film… and the director’s vision is truly noteworthy”
The Journal Of Prenatal and Perinatal Psychology and Health
Now with Scandinavian Subtitles, an introductory booklet and an exclusive 25 min bonus interview (DVD only) with Michel Odent and Dr Marti Glenn. The Documentary ‘The Healing of Birth’ is about how an acknowledgment of the ‘Physical, psychological and spiritual presence’ in the infant in the time prior to, during and after birth, can lead us into finding out more about ourselves and becoming more present for our children. (Duration: 53 mins)
Altogether 21 hours of video recordings, one superb book and 90 mins of Audio CD/MP3
All for the very special price of £95.00 – £115.00
Buy the recordings in:
A) DVD disc/download combined,
B) Online Stream/Download or
C) MP4 memory stick format
each offer with the paperback book.
There are no reviews yet.